Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

MWL August Layout | Having the time of our life

Hey guys, I wasnt able to blog last week and I came down with a really bad asthma and fever. That triggered lots of bed rest and hence, I havent been able to blog much but I am finally back to share the layout for this week.

This month, I worked with the papers and embellishments from Kaiser Craft, American Crafts, Pink Paislee and Crate Paper.


I knew right away that I was going to work with brighter colours and to complement the overall look, I opted for a black die cut (title) and a whiter background that would go well with the colours. I diecut the quote and added textures to the title by stamping randomly with my Basic Grey Background Stamp. That gave the title more interest. :D 


Also, I did some fussy cutting of 'clouds' from the Kaiser Craft patterned paper to complement the Sun sticker I had. Back to my old roots, I like!  Notice those blackish trianges? Sometimes, you can fill in those excess gaps by not only adding embellishments, but shapes. I thought triangles were fitting of the fact that the photos were taken at the Grand Canyon.


Overall, I loved how this layout turned out and it was good reminiscing on my beautiful memories at the canyon. Even though it was the beginning of summer in Las Vegas, it was really cold by the time we were at the top of the canyon. It was our escape of getting out of the hot dry Las Vegas city.

 All supplies are made available at Made With Love, Singapore.

Have a good week ahead. :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...