Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

MWL AUG LAYOUT | Remember This

Hey all, I am back with another post for Made With Love. This month, I got the chance to pick out my own products that I would love to work on.


I came across the Jen Hadefield's Heart of Home collection and fell in love with the papers and embellishments. This collection 'screams' me as I am all about pastel and sweet colours. To put this layout together, I focused on the layering of the embellishments next to my focal point, the photo.



Building layers on your layout is a fun but tedious task. This is how I approach my layering techniques. 

1. It is important to balance out and vary your patterns of your patterned papers. Mix up different prints with a neutral-coloured cardstock or ensure the prints are a mix of bigger prints and smaller prints. 

2. Embellishments - do not place an element simply on your layout. Back it up with a small sticker or a patterned paper for more layered look. Stack embellishments behind and in front of each other for a continuous pattern. Some embellishments can be placed 'flat' on the layout while others should be raised with some pop dots for more 3-Dimensional look. 


That's about it for this post. I hope you find these tips useful.
Be sure to check back next month for a new post.

All supplies are available at Made With Love. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...