Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

MWL APRIL LAYOUT | My Heart is Full

Hi all, it is my time again to share the layout that I did for Made With Love this month. This time around, I challenged myself to use the Maggie Holmes' Flourish Collection, along with the Simple Stories I AM collection's embellishments.


I was pretty amazed by how much these two collections complemented each other. To begin, I wanted to challenge myself to document 4 (!) different photos on my husband's recent 30th bday. I found that the best way to do so was to layer some of the photos with patterned papers, in order to ground the photos collectively in the layout.  In a linear fashion, these photos were placed next to one another. 


Thereafter, I tried to embellished the rest of the layout with flat and cardboard stickers. I stuck to this simple rule of placing them in a diagonal triangle fashion, bringing the attention back to the photos. I really love how these embellishments complemented the colours of the photos, which is a guideline that I always used in choosing what fits and what doesnt. 



To end if off, I decided to go for more of grunge look, adding splatters and drops of black paint to offset the overall white background.  I am really happy with the outcome and it is my hope that I will be more adventurous to play with more mediums and expand on my existing scrapbooking style. 

That's it for today. I do hope that you find these tips helpful. All supplies are available at Made With Love. 


1 comment:

Neia Ribeiro said...

Oi flor tudo bem!! que trabalho mais encantador, lindo e delicado!! amei as fotos e todos os detalhes!! Parabéns!! Tenha uma ótima semana!! beijos!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...