Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

MWL | First Day @ School

Greetings and hello! A month has passed and it is my turn again to share the recent layout I did for Made with Love. I just got back from a 2 weeks trip to Europe and it was amazing. You're probably thinking that I would be scrapping about my Europe photos but I think these photos of my nephew deserves a bigger shout out for now! He is 2 and a half years old and recently, he started school. He is coping really well and is fast becoming the most talkative person in our family. We simply love him to pieces.


This month, I got to work with the latest Pink Paislee 'Wild Child' collection. This collection was perfect for the photos that I was going to scrap and rarely do I work with these bold and vibrant boyish tones in a collection. I was excited to give it a try and see how my style might be transcended.

To start of, I layered my photos with patterned papers from the collection and backed them up with pop up dots for extra dimension. A tip that I find useful in working with multiple photos would be placed them in a linear fashion on the layout. To ensure that the photos do not over-clutter, alternative your photos with tags and embellishments. This helps to go easy on the eye and ensure that the photos are spread out.





Once this is done, I worked on the remaining portions of the layout and decorated the tags and frames with extra embellishments. Work with colours that complement the photos and work with elements that help to build the story of the photos. In this case, I wanted to bring out the story of how educaiton can be fun in the classroom, for a young curious 2 year old. Lastly, in areas where you feel that you need extra dimensions, make sure to layer and use those pop dots.

That is it. I hope you enjoyed seeing my thought process as much as I enjoyed scrapping about such a meaningful milestone in my nephew's life.

Till then, have a good week ahead.

Patterned Papers : Pink Paislee's Wild Child
Embellishments : Pink Paislee's Wild Child

All supplies are available at Made With Love. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...