Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Today is Life

Recently, I came across this quote while watching a CSI episode. It really dawned upon me about what life should be able and how i should live it.

"Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today.Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. " - Dale Carnegie

Life is truly short. As cliche as this might sound, every moment counts. Every single moment, be it good or bad is part of life and it is something we must treasure. I made this album awhile ago, recording the everyday moments of K and B. I also found some time to journal my thoughts down.


Now lets get to the technical scrapbooking process. Firstly, the cover was done using an overlay found in Crate Paper's DIY Collection. I mounted some papers, die cuts and embellishments and placed my title. I chose a rather bold background paper knowing that the overlay will help to tone down the overall effect.

Here are the insides of the album. My strategy was to use up my fabric frames and overlays and I am excited as to how it turned out.

 

 I like consistency in my albums.  This means keeping certain elements similar to help make the overall album cohesive. It will help to choose elements from the same collection so as to ensure that they will match with the papers. These few pages above were done using the same technique. Mount the photos behind the frames, layer some phrase stickers and chipboards and end off with journaling strips.


In some of these pages, I went beyond just placing photos behind frames or overlays. Like what you can see from the two photos above, I did a confetti pocket, and added elements both inside and outside of the frames for added fun interest. It also gave me the liberty to journal more, without the constraint of photos.

I hope this inspires you to make your own version. It could be an album, a layout or even be part of your PL spread. Document what matters to you most and take the time to savour the moments you share with your loved ones. Make it count.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Genevive said...

true!!! Today is life..

Who are K and B? are they your nieces? Because I call my two sons K and B too! lol.. not their initials.. its their funny name (invented by their aunt) initials :))

love your album :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...