Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Flu Bug

I caught the flu bug and am now nursing at home with a stuffed nose and a high fever. What a way to start off the last week of school. Nonetheless, I am glad to be resting at home and getting lots of fluids and fruits. I will make this post short and sweet.

Yet another piece of good news to share:


If you have been subscribing to Studio Calico, you will realise that I was featured as a member for the month of May. I was so uber excited when Nicole Harper contacted me and in the post, I shared some layouts and answered some questions. Be sure to check out the studio calico blog right HERE.

Up next, I managed to complete another layout using the Pier Collection. I cant stop using the papers and products and I literally printed a number of photos to ensure it matches with the Pier Collection. So do not mind me as I continue to use photos that seem rather familiar.


Sold seperately in the collection pack are these lovely ombre kraft background papers and they are simply gorgeous. I know it's a little overwhelming since the textures and prints are so different but you can sure brighten them up with some brighter and more neutral patterns as seen in the layout above. I love how the colours like blue and green shone through and the colours helped to create an extra 'pop' to the layout.

I have scrapped this photo for the 2nd time. I am truly missing San Francisco and the photo really makes me miss the food that we devoured when we were there. You might be wondering why there is a bicycle element in the page. It is not a random element but simply because where we purchased these food items was also a popular hot spot for cyclists as they cycled around the piers.

Can you also spot a household item that I used in this layout? If you havent noticed, I used a toothpick. It was a random finding as I was trying to use it to take out some dried glue from my bottle and I happened to like how it fit into the layout, so I used it.

That's all.
I will be back with a post soon, sharing my techniques on misting soon.
Do look forward to it.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

congratulations on the feature!! You are certainly a star! I love the softness of this LO you are sharing today..x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Congratulations!!!! So awesome! Love the Layout!

evelynpy said...

congratz!

L Lee said...

Wow! Really going places! Now to be on their DT so you can go Camp Calico - how awesome will that be!

Btw you should link to this 'http://studiocalico.typepad.com/studio_calico/2013/05/member-spotlight.html

Easier to find your awesome interview!

Cindy Lee said...

Congratulations for being spotlighted! How awesome! And I love your layout as always!

I hope you get well soon! Sending hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...